Monday 23 March 2009

fastenings

I am thinking now of ways to physically connect the pieces of work I am making. Hence the images above and below.

I still want to continue the theme of human remains and build on the techniques I have used so far. I want to incorporate other found materials into the work, one of the way I was thinking of doing this, having looked at the work of Cathy de Monchaux, is to use metal fastenings.

I would like however to make moulds of them so I could then cast them in other material, plaster or stone for example. In doing so it would change the nature of the object, and how I use it to develop my work. I could age them paint them make them softer and less visable.

Next I want to cast some of my found objects, stones for example. into metal. Jake has suggested I negotiate with jewellery for this so I hope this will be a viable option.






No comments:

Post a Comment